Distance from base: 327 km
The Eagle's Nest is a chalet-style structure erected on a subpeak of the Hoher Göllknown as the Kehlstein. It was built as an extension of the Obersalzberg complex erected in the mountains above Berchtesgaden. The Kehlsteinhaus was intended as a 50th birthday present for Adolf Hitler to serve as a retreat, and a place for him to entertain visiting dignitaries.
Salzburg is rich in tradition, history and culture. The lovely scenery and the city's carefully preserved majestic Baroque architecture combine to create a unique charm. The worldly scholar, Alexander von Humboldt, prized Salzburg as being "one of the three most beautiful regions of the world.” This meeting point of northern and southern Europe perhaps sparked the genius of Salzburg's most famous son, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, whose name has been associated with the city ever since his rise to fame.
- $100 per adult
- $50 per child (3-10)
- $10 per child (0-2)
- Method of payment: cash (USD), credit card
- Round trip bus transportation
- ITT escort
- Guided tour
- Tips, meals, beverages and entrance fees not mentioned in tour description
- 100% Refund if cancelling 10 days prior to the tour departure
- 50% Refund if cancelling 9-5 days prior to tour departure
- 25% Refund if cancelling 4 days before tour departure
- We cannot refund same day cancellations or no shows regardless of reason
Passport Information & Travel Documents
- Valid U.S. Tourist Passport.
- Military ID or Sponsored Base Visitor’s Pass.
- ITT Receipt / Reservation Confirmation
- Price and itinerary are subject to change.
- Non-smoking, non-alcoholic tour bus.
- Tour requires a minimum number of participants to confirm departure, full details on tour departure status is available on our website.
- For an enjoyable trip we suggest bringing the following: local currency for drinks, meals and purchases, comfortable walking shoes, snacks, water and umbrella.